PBL fall meeting planned
Posted August 15, 2009
Powerline Baseball League team representatives will meet Wednesday, Oct. 7, in Tofield to discuss various issues that arose during the 2009 season and put a wrap on a very entertaining year.
The agenda will likely include:
- General info and review of season, including website
- Regular season tie breaker rules
- DH and substitution rules
- Discussion of playoff eligibility rules
- Game, season length and start/end dates
- All-Star selection process
- Proposed expansion
It is rumoured that both Holden and Round Hill representatives will be invited to the fall meeting, as well as Sherwood Park, who also would like to discuss possible umpiring assignments if the team does play in the league.
Other items may be added as needed. It will mark the first time in recent memory the league has held a fall wrap-up meeting. Many team reps throughout the league seem to think it is a good idea while the issues are fresh in their mind.
The meeting will be held at the Tofield Curling Rink starting at 7 p.m.