Set home nights an option?
Posted January 26, 2011
If the Powerline Baseball League sticks with six teams as expected and a 15-game schedule the same as last year, it got me thinking whether making a set home night for all teams would be valuable or not.
- Known home nights for all players. “We play at home basically every Thursday except…”
- Less conflicts with umpiring schedules
- Never a week when more than 1 home game scheduled (Less maintenance, worries of a location getting blasted and lose 2 games while another’s field might be fine.
- Allows for three weeks where team only plays one game and a buffer week at end of the season
- More flexibility for making up rainouts on those light weeks
- No home stands so if field happened to be in tip-top shape might miss out on opportunity to bang off a couple games in one week with ease.
- Certain nights, certain players can’t attend home games/away games
- More back-to-back nights (Tues/Wed or Wed/Thurs)
- No all-star break
- No home and home series on the schedule
There’s bound to be proponents and opponents on both sides. My idea has a second team (maybe Armena for example) moving to Wednesday nights. This means two games almost every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
I would post my mock-up of the schedule, but I don’t want people mistaking it for the real deal. I’m interested to see what the opinions are on possibly moving to this format.
Posted on January 26, 2011 by Jason Buzzell