The 2012 edition of the Powerline Baseball League season is finally coming together.
The league executive and team reps will meet a little later than usual, on April 12, at the Camrose Edgeworth Centre at 7 p.m.
The meeting has no huge issues to be raised like years past, however, discussions on dealing with postponements and forfeits due to a few games last year that were moved due to lack of players and ended up causing stress on the schedule when rain outs needed to be made up at the end of the season.
The 2012 PBL schedule (which will still need to be approved by all squads at the meeting) has been posted.
Notable dates include:
- Opening day, Sunday, May 6, the Bardo Athletics visit Ryley and will honour the baseball life of Curt Stensrud who passed away last summer.
- Two days later, May 8, a rematch of the 2011 final takes place when the Holden Blue Jays head to Holden
- The weekends of June 8 and 15 the Bardo Athletics and Ryley Rebels host their annual tournaments
- Tuesday, June 28 the Powerline league meets the Battle River league in the 12th Annual Harry Andreassen All-Star Challenge in Camrose
- July 10 or 17 playoffs are scheduled to begin