Proposed schedule kicks off Sunday, May 12
Posted January 29, 2013
A tentative schedule is almost ready to post with six Powerline Baseball League franchises competing in another 15-game season from May 12 to July 11 or July 21 at the latest.
Coming off a successful opening of the season last year between Ryley and Bardo, President Steven Pahl proposed another Sunday kickoff to the campaign with rivals Camrose and Armena meeting in Camrose while Leduc makes the trek to Holden.
Game times are usually 7 p.m. but that might be the one exception for the year. We’ll post the official schedule with game times for that day.
Other notables include:
- A rematch of last year’s final on May 21 in Leduc between the Royals and Milleteers.
- Opening game days are also schedule for the same location on the final day of the regular season.
- The Armena Royals may have a record four-game road stand followed by a four-game home stand.
- Rainout dates include Thursday, June 13, Thursday, June 27 and if necessary July 16 and 18.
- All-star game planned for Camrose Tuesday, June 25
- Home-and-home matchups for Camrose-Ryley, May 16 and 21; Bardo-Camrose, May 30/June 4; Camrose-Holden July 4 and 9
- Roster deadline June 7
- Tournaments planned for Camrose/Holden/Armena June 8 and 9; Ryley June 14-16; Bardo TBD
- Playoffs begin July 16 or 23.
The official schedule will be posted soon once teams sign off later this week.